Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thanks......

Hi everyone!  We are currently enjoying a short trip to Chicago to take up the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, and the American Girl Store.  I will be sure to take some pics during this time and I may just share a few when we get back!
 
I have a card to share using the current sketch over at Retro Sketches.  I've used some gorgeous blooms from Surely Goodness and leaves from Dream Big (and paired them with their coordinating dies) by VERVE.  The sentiment was stamped in Slate ink from Amuse (the best gray ink out there IMHO).  I know it wasn't in the sketch but I had to throw a little Pennant Trim in there for good measure.  (I LOVE this die!)
 
7.30.13  
 
 
If by chance you were wanting to pick up some VERVE for yourself, you still have time as there is a SALE going on until July 31st!  Check it out HERE.
 
 
{thanks}
Stamps:  Surely Goodness, Dream Big (Verve)
Paper:  White, Soft Stone, Spring Moss (PTI)
Pattern Paper (polka dots):  The Good Life (Fancy Pants)
Ink:  Slate (Amuse), Fuchsia (Fresh Ink), Spring Moss (PTI)
Dies:  Surely Goodness Dies, Dream Big Dies, Pennant Trim Die (Verve)
Misc:  Pearls, Foam Adhesive

11 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous card!! I love your take on the sketch!

Happy Dance said...

Wonderful card. Love the little flags peeking out of the bottom of your focal point. And pearls...quite lovely. Love that gray too. Bev

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Amy!
Enjoy your trip.... Sage will be very jealous to hear that you're going to the American Girls store. She asked me if we could take a day trip there.... only the closest one to us is in Minneapolis: 6.5 hours away!

Virginia L. said...

Aw...how GORGEOUS!! Love the colors, layering and added banner elements! Have fun at Chicago!!!!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! That soft gray is a perfect backdrop to those lovely flowers!

Marisa said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Amy!! Love the polka dotted paper and the flowers just pop :) Enjoy your time in Chicago!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgoues card as always, Amy! You're in one of my favorite city in the world!! Have fun!

Darnell said...

Stunning, Amy; I adore the banners!! Have an awesome time!

Cathy Weber said...

Your card is beautiful Amy...love the banners on it, but I am so jealous you get to go to the Chicago Field Museum! I would love to see those lions from the Val Kilmer movie...can't remember the name, but I always remember the real lions from that movie are not in Africa, but at the Chicago museum! You have to tell me if you saw them, I imagine the museum is huge.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful, beautiful...love it!

Jen Carter said...

Gorgeous Amy!! Beautiful color combo!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails